From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers Labview 7.1

Good morning, would anyone have or know where to get, other than on the page of national instruments, the necessary drivers for the labview 7.1?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(694 Views)

Hi Laura,

@laura14914 wrote:

where to get, other than on the page of national instruments, …

Why would you want to download (system kernel) drivers from a website other than NI?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(676 Views)

The NI download page doesn't offer Runtime versions prior to 2009. But their FTP site still exists and has them.

ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/labview/windows/runtime/7.1/LVRunTimeEng.exe

This is the latest released 7.1.1 runtime version. In a subfolder in that directory is also the 7.1.0 version but you should not need that. 

That all said, this installer was created about 5 years before Windows 7 was released. It could not even guess how Windows 7 will look like so if it installs that's your luck, if it doesn't well you have no guarantee and support in that respect. It did install in a Windows 10 Test VM here.

Most browsers nowadays do NOT support FTP access anymore. It's not even disabled but simple not there, nada, nyet, nix! I recommend a client like WinSCP to access FTP sites.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 3 of 4
(651 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

[...]

ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/labview/windows/runtime/7.1/LVRunTimeEng.exe

[...]

Most browsers nowadays do NOT support FTP access anymore. It's not even disabled but simple not there, nada, nyet, nix! I recommend a client like WinSCP to access FTP sites.

You can use this link without ftp: https://download.ni.com/support/labview/windows/runtime/7.1/LVRunTimeEng.exe 

Message 4 of 4
(643 Views)