LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver paths in Labview no DAQ Assist

Hello,

I am new to LabView and I recently installed the student edittion of Labview 8.5. For some unknown, crazy reason i did not install this to the default drive path, ie C:program files\ etc but to another drive on the computer, ie E:.

Now the problem is that i need to use the DAQ Assistant for my USB-6008 board. I have installed the the NI drivers which came with it and the board works fine in MAX, recognises it and i can get temp readings from the circuit i built. When I try to use Labview I cannot find the DAQ Assist in the Input section on the palette.

Could some please help me.

My mate gave me a file he did on his Labview but when i try to load it starts looking for DABmx Control Task and a whole host of other files.

Much appreaciated for any help in this matter.

Lee
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,533 Views)

Hi Lee

Its cool to install things into different places on your drive - sometimes its essential. there is also an easy solution to your problem. What you have at the moment is different drivers and programs spread around your computer with no links to each other so they are unable to reference each other. To create these links yopu will need to mass compile.

Within LabVIEW go to the tools menu and then select Advanced>>Mass compile. This will bring up a window that will allow you to select a directory. Select the directory that you have saved all your DAQmx drivers and then select mass compile.

This should allow you to see all the VIs in the correct menus within labVIEW.

I hope this is of some help to you

best regards

Graham Green

Sr. Product Marketing Manager

National instruments
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,491 Views)
Hi,

Thank you very much for replying and sorry it has taken ages to get back to you.

I tried doing what you said but i got a load of errors when i tried it. I have reinstalled LabVIEW and everything works fine now, abit drastic i know but it must have been a dodgy install in the first place.

Thanks again for your help.

Lee
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,432 Views)
I'm glad your system is now working, good job on the re-install its always a sure winner!

best regards
Graham Green

Sr. Product Marketing Manager

National instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,422 Views)