LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver install for NI USB 6008 card

HI,

I have a NI USB 6008 data aquisition card.

Firtsly I used the card with a Windows 7 64 bit computer system. After I installed Labview 2016 (64bit version) I installed the NI-DAQmx 9.9 package and everything worked like a charm (the driver for my NI USB 6008 card was properly installed and it is perfectly operational). 

The problem I have started when I tried to install the NI USB 6008 card on a Windows XP 32 bit. I installed the 32 bit version of LabView 2013 and after that I installed the NI-DAQmx 9.9 package. This time the driver for that card was not installed. I tried to instal the same packages on a Windows 7 32 bit version system but the required driver wasn't installed. In both cases windows detects the card and tries to find the necessary drivers for it.

I read the user manual of that card and it sais that it should work on 32 bit Windows 7 and XP and even on Windows 2000. The same compatibility I found also for NI-DAQmx 9.9 package.

So, what do you trink I could try to get my beloved card driver ?

Regards,

Ciprian

Message 1 of 11
(11,022 Views)

Hi Ciprian23,

I've used a USB-6009 on all of the OS variations you mentioned. I've never had any trouble before.

How does the device appear in the Windows Device Manager? (It should appear as a NI-DAQ device.) If it shows up correctly there, the device should also show up in NI-MAX.

As a last resort, you could try installing an older version of NI-DAQ, e.g. 9.5.

~~
Message 2 of 11
(10,980 Views)

Nick is right but I would like to ask again what version of LabVIEW are you using?  2016 isn't scheduled to be release for another 2+ years.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(10,972 Views)

Just a guess but, you probably need a reboot to finalize the installations.  Did you reboot?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 11
(10,962 Views)

Hi, I also face the same situation. Currently I use Labview 2013 and DAQmx 9.9, the MAX can't recognize my NI USB-6008.

Is it because the DAXmx 9.9 too high?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(10,921 Views)

@ALEX_1989 wrote:

Hi, I also face the same situation. Currently I use Labview 2013 and DAQmx 9.9, the MAX can't recognize my NI USB-6008.

Is it because the DAXmx 9.9 too high?

No chance of that!  

For troubleshooting try the following in order:

1. Open a blank vi in LabVIEW and go to the Block diagram
    1. Press Ctrl+Space to open Quick-Drop
    2. Type "DAQ"
    3. If the QD screen isn't full of vis that start with DAQmx you installed DAQmx before LabVIEW and support for LabVIEW wasnt installed but I doubt this is your problem since MAX fails to see the device BUT, we want to get this out of the way first
  2. Make sure the USB port works- Plug in a mouse or a thumb drive
  3. Plug in the NI USB 6008
    1. Is the green led on?  If not send it in for repair and get a new one (Contact NI for a repair ticket)
    2. LED IS on but MAX still does not see it?  (send a screen shot of MAX with "devices" expanded you may be looking in the wrong location in MAX)
    3. LED IS on but MAX still does not see it and you are looking in the right location in MAX?  unplug the device.  Open the systray and select NI Device monitor
      1. Is the service running? Run it at startup
      2. It was running? Clear all device associations
      3. Plug in the known good USB 6008 

Work great now doesn't it!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(10,884 Views)

I notice that the LED on the NI USB 6008 card blinks only when connected to a 64 bit windows sistem, I tried 2 or three different laptops wit 32 bit windows seven and windows xp an the LED doesn't blinks.

Message 7 of 11
(10,880 Views)

Blinks is good

Capture.PNG

the other laptops probably don't have DAQmx installed

the device is initiallized and working fine

Lets try reading the manual

see page 5

Max Still doesn't list it in devies and interfaces?  Expand the Software tree

What you really want to see is this:

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(10,873 Views)

The other laptops had exactrly the same software installed on them (LabView 2013 and DAQmx 9.9 package). I will  (again) look over the manual. Maybe I missed something.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(10,861 Views)
Make sure windows has not disabled the USB hubs

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(10,845 Views)