LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver for PCI 6259

What driver is used for the PCI 6259 card? I was not sure where to find the download for this driver or figure out what driver it needs. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,000 Views)

Unless anything is listedc in the readme file, the DAQmx driver should work: 
https://www.ni.com/da-dk/support/downloads/drivers/download.ni-daqmx.html#348669

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(995 Views)

I thought there was a nice chart somewhere stating the starting and ending versions of DAQmx support for instruments, but I could not find it.

But a warning: The PCI-6259 is listed as being in the "Mature" life cycle.  This means it is one its way out of production.  Not surprising since I have noticed NI is trying to get away from PCI, instead upgrading things to PCIe or USB.  It is getting difficult to find PCs with PCI as well.  But I just noticed the USB-6259 is also in the Mature status as well.  So this is likely due to parts obsolescence.  M-Series boards, in general, have been slowly going obsolete.  So I would recommend doing some research and look into using a newer board and possibly upgrading your computer as well.

But as already stated, you just need DAQmx.  Be sure to find a version that is compatible with whatever version of LabVIEW you are using (NI-DAQmx and LabVIEW Compatibility).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(962 Views)

For the DAQmx driver you have to read the readme file/page. 

https://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374768ah.html#MSeries

It seems that version 20.7 is compatible with your card.

But if you need a version for Win7 32bit, then you need to select another version, maybe version 19 or so. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(957 Views)

@dkfire wrote:

It seems that version 20.7 is compatible with your card.

But if you need a version for Win7 32bit, then you need to select another version, maybe version 19 or so. 

DAQmx 20.7 is the first version to drop Windows 7 support (not just 32-bit, but all Windows 7).  So if you are using LabVIEW 2020, I would recommend using DAQmx 20.1.  Otherwise, you just need a DAQmx version that is compatible with the version of LabVIEW being used.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(954 Views)