From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drifting Mouse when editing block diagram

When I am editing in the block diagram and go to connect a wire or draw a box by clicking and dragging, the mouse will overshoot. This issue is only happening on the block diagram. This issue only seems to appear when utilizing my laptop not connected to a dock with a separate monitor. Has anyone else seen this issue before?

I am using Labview 2018 64-bit for this program

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,910 Views)

I have not seen that but it sure sounds like  a hardware problem.

The mouse or the pad thingy.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,902 Views)

I agree with Ben.  Sounds like a hardware issue or operator error.

I say that because when I use the "pad thingy", I unknowingly touch the pad with more than one finger, so the mouse jumps all over the screen. 

Smiley Very Happy

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 3 of 4
(1,894 Views)

Are you using an external mouse, a touchpad or a trackpoint (or whatever that eraser thingy is called)?

The *pads and *points typically have a lot of options. Even the plain vanilla W10 mouse options have some settings that might help. Play around with the "enhance precision" settings, for example. Also see if there are updated drivers on your laptop support site..

mouse.png

Message 4 of 4
(1,868 Views)