LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draw in front of ActiveX

My goal is to open assembly-picture, which is a PDF-file, and draw dots or circles to the assembly picture as to show user points where there is problems. The spots are recorded as coordinates on another program.

I have an ActiveX container which shows the PDF file. Is there a way to write the coordinate points in front of the container?

Hope you´ll understand my question.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,027 Views)

Short answer you can't do that. The ActiveX or .Net container is entirely out of control of LabVIEW and anything you place in that area will be masked out by whatever the external object wants to draw on the screen.

Longer answer, you can do it if the external object allows such operations. But then you have to invoke methods and properties on that object to draw the desired effects.

Overlapped drawing is already a very complex piece of code to do right when everything is inside the same application code base, but virtually undoable if you talk about external components. ActiveX controls don't even support this in any way. .Net does support some overlapping for different control object servers, however I haven't come across any who support it properly.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,973 Views)

Extract the picture out of pdf, save to a png, jpg or bmp.

Then LabVIEW can handle it.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,962 Views)