LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drag and resize shortcuts

Hi friends,

I want to improve my performance, and for this, I would like some solutions for:

1 - Drag objects. This is difficult when I have to drag a control/indicator array in front panel or an array constant on a block diagram.

2 - Expand array, both in the front panel or block diagram, when a constant.

3 - Resize Indicators from arrays both in the front panel or block diagram, when a a constant.

4 - Select entire wire without double click.

I think that is very efficient for all of us, but I did not find it anywhere. Beacuse the thin border of array constant or controls, or wire case, is difficult to resize, expand or drag these. Many times, undo the array when you want to move, or exapand when you want resize, etc ................. is there a keyboard keys to block mouse pointer for just drag, or resize (that little hand .....) ???????

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,899 Views)
  • I never needed to double-click anything in order to drag it.
  • Clicking selects a single wire segment, and I would not want to select the entire wire unless I double-click.
  • For the resizing, you simply need to learn how to hover over the correct locations to get the right tools. But of course you could turn the auto-tool off and select the desired tool from the tools palette.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,891 Views)

altenbach escreveu:
  • I never needed to double-click anything in order to drag it.
  • Clicking selects a single wire segment, and I would not want to select the entire wire unless I double-click.
  • For the resizing, you simply need to learn how to hover over the correct locations to get the right tools. But of course you could turn the auto-tool off and select the desired tool from the tools palette.

Hello altenbach 

Sorry for ''double click'', I already edited. 

So, this is how I always do. But, I want to work different of this, I belive that is better.

You never undid an array constant  instead drag? or never expand instead a resize? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,866 Views)

I want to select the one segment of wire with a click, but, the double click for entire wire sometimes failure. I think that is better a shortcut key+one click to select entire wire if you dont hit the wire, nothing happens. 

And a shortcut key for block tool to just drag

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,864 Views)

Drag local variables is another example, because the thin border of icon, hit the border instead the center of icon is boring.............

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,841 Views)

@MarcosBelgo wrote:

Drag local variables is another example, because the thin border of icon, hit the border instead the center of icon is boring.............

If you lasso around it to select it first, moving is easy.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,834 Views)

These aren't issues with auto-tool off...of course that creates other issues but it is still how I prefer to develop in LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,827 Views)