From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download a Zip File without showing browser

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey Guys,

I hope you all are doing well.

I was working on to download a zip file from a link using "Open URL in default Browse.vi" . But the problem is that this vi actually open this link in default browser and show user it downloading and then I have to close/minimize this to go back to my main application . Is there any way so that I can download any zip file from link and also my main application doesn't get shadowed by browser . It means browser should remain minimize . 

Thanks in advance

soumya

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,990 Views)

Something like this:

Download file.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,988 Views)

Of course if you want to download it from an FTP server, you'd use FTP functions. WebDAV functions for downloading from a WebDAV server...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,984 Views)

Hey,

I am not using FTP server now . I just want to download https://www.learningcontainer.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/sample-zip-file.zip this zip file in my system . but I don't want web default or any browser  to get open and you know come in front of user 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,975 Views)

Well that looks like message #2.  Have you tried that yet?

Message 5 of 7
(1,960 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author soumyas

Download zip.png

I don't think I can make it any easier...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,956 Views)

yes , It worked

Thanks

Message 7 of 7
(1,932 Views)