Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade from LV 9.0 to LV 8.1

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all mighty LV Wizzards,

First of all I am new to lv.

*NEW*

Second, This program is going to do some automatic testings,and what you see there probably won't run 100% as its supposed to be since I haven't finished it 100% but I prefer to change it now than to finish it there and have even more trouble.  Without thoose errors the program will run.

This will make some automatic tests and then once per week it will create reports about thoose tests.  The test modules are not included but they even write their data files and everything, and I just read thoose files to create the graphs.  That is why you see soo many graphs on the main screen and the other report modules where the other graphs are made from a data report file generated after each test(not the same as the one the test module creates because this have some calculations into it).

*NEW*

I have a current problem, I started making an application on labview 2009 trial until they gave me their official labview discs and license.  The problem was that the license are for labview 8.1!!!!!

I have a couple of things that lv 8.1 doesn't have:

1. I check for the File or Folder a couple of times so I know when to write the headers to a spread sheet or to just append the information

2. I read and write to a spreadsheet file, only lets me double when i have strings mostly so I write titles and the numbers(If its not possible then I can leave it as double since I only use doubles and their titles)

3. I have 3d graphs and one of them is the 3d scatter graph.  That doesn't seem to exists!(NO plot helper nor the 3d graph itself)

HEEELP PLEASE!! I am open to all the suggestions you guys have(Related to the error or to my code) and I am posting all the files on the 2 versions, the 9.0 version and the 8.1 version.

P.S. I am using the JKI State Machine templates in both(found out they had the libraries available for 7.0)

Both versions are in the folder.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,303 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DavidRodz

There is no LabVIEW 8.1. I think you mean 8.0?

Basically, you're going to need to change the code to use whatever is available in 8.0 or ask for an upgrade. If you can't get an upgrade then these are your options:

1. I check for the File or Folder a couple of times so I know when to write the headers to a spread sheet or to just append the information

You can do this the old fashioned way. Use the File/Directory Info function. If you get a File not Found error then you know the file doesn't exist, and you can disregard that error.

2. I read and write to a spreadsheet file, only lets me double when i have strings mostly so I write titles and the numbers(If its not possible then I can leave it as double since I only use doubles and their titles)

You will need to do this the old fashioned way. Make a copy of the Write to Spreadsheet File to make a version that works with strings. Open the VI and look at the block diagram for instructions. Make sure you do not save this in the LabVIEW vi.lib folder but rather in your own project folder structure.

3. I have 3d graphs and one of them is the 3d scatter graph.  That doesn't seem to exists!(NO plot helper nor the 3d graph itself)

3D graphs are still there. You can try to use the cwPoint style. Take a look at the "3D Surface Example - Fluctuating Since Wave" example that ships with LabVIEW.

Message 2 of 2
(2,286 Views)