cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double click VI during edition open Qt window

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

We would open a Qt window contains in dll during the edition in LabVIEW, like the Xilinx core generator.

In edition, double click on VI, it opens Qt window (that one modify a config binary file), and on runtime, only load that binary file.

Is this possible and how doing that?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,456 Views)

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your question.

What is a "Qt window"?

What do you mean by "during the edition"  and "in edition"?  What "edition" of LabVIEW are you talking about?  Do you mean "version"?

Message 2 of 7
(3,410 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your question.

What is a "Qt window"?

What do you mean by "during the edition"  and "in edition"?  What "edition" of LabVIEW are you talking about?  Do you mean "version"?

I'm assuming that he is refering to a window created by the Qt SDK (www.qt.io) that has been compiled into a .dll. 

By edition, I think he means editor.

To the original poster:

I'm pretty sure you can call the window via the .dll during exection, but some caution would be advised since LabVIEW handles some internals differently (look into how to access c++ dlls).  You would not be able to open and view the window by selecting it from the dll function.  (You could call it during a debug run, with the above cautions)

Jon D
Certified LabVIEW Developer.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,405 Views)
Solution
Accepted by RomainPe

Looking this over again, I think you are asking about being able to have LabVIEW open the Qt editor when the .dll containing the window is double clicked.  I'm fairly certain that you can not do that, but you might be able to using scripts, but I'm not really familiar with LabVIEW scripting yet.

Jon D
Message 4 of 7
(3,399 Views)

Hi 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,392 Views)

May I ask, are you looking to open the window to edit the window, or to edit the config file using the compiled window?  If the latter, then I know you can do it using scripting (Basically, you would call a VI that contains the commands to open the window via a .dll command. I'm not sure about the specifics though) and it wouldn't be by double clicking, but a right-menu selection, similar to how you can right click on a broken wire connecting a string to a path and get the menu item 'Insert String to Path'.

Jon D
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,376 Views)

Thank you Mythilt.

It is only for editing a config file in a compiled window. That last one modify the config file, and the window is only dedicated to doing that. The binary file is only handled by dll.

Right menu selection is great too. Very excited to test it using LabVIEW scripting. When it is done, I will post how-to here.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,372 Views)