LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Instance of one Button

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys I have an event structure which handles two cases, one of them is to write some external hardware and the other is to read from it.

There are 2 methods of reading and writing to this part through its Volatile and Non Volatile Memory.

To decide between these two functions I have placed a control toggle switch outside of the event structure, each event "read" and "write" need instant access to this control.

When I place the switch outside the event struc its is of course not read immediately in the event but delayed a bit because of the connector at the border of the struc.

When I place the button inside in the event struc it is read everytime instantly and the appropriate Volatile or Non Volatile write/ read takes place instead of having to execute the event twice to update the value.

I would like both cases to have instant access to this toggle switch as if it would be placed inside in each event .

Is it possible to create 2 instances of a front panel control on the block diagram ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,201 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author eoin87

eoin87 wrote:

Is it possible to create 2 instances of a front panel control on the block diagram ?

Yes. Use a local variable of the front panel control in the other event case. Right-click on the control and select Create -> Local Variable.

One of the few times that a local variable has merit. 

Message 2 of 2
(2,196 Views)