From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doesn't find System Exec.vi

Hello!

i've made a vi that calls an exe-file with one or two arguments... to realize it i used the system exec.vi
it works fine on a developement system.

if i create an executeble and i start the exe my program searches for the system exec.vi

what made i wrong?
thx for help
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,454 Views)
Don't know...

I downloaded your little VI and (after changing the name of the program to launch to Notepad.exe), built it into a standalone program and everything worked as expected: Clicked the "Program" button and Notepad opened...

(By the way, nice panel design...)

How exactly are you building it into an executable? Are you using the option to save the subvi's in a seperate library? If so that library needs to be in the same directory as the .exe .

Otherwise I would say you are doing everything right. Attached is the build file my app builder (V6.0.2) created, and the application it created. See if it works for you...

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,454 Views)
Thanks for your help.

i figured it out, what was wrong...
i just forgot to set the toplevel-vi when i built my app... (i think it was friday and i was tired 😞 )
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,454 Views)