LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does sombody have a labview driver for the Scanlab rtc2 scanner controller

From the German firm Scanlab we have a RTC2 isa card with a dll. Has somebody already written a labview driver for this card ?
greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(5,523 Views)
Couldn't find anything on the NI site. You might want to check on the card's munufacturer site.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(5,523 Views)
I looked at all known sites before I posted this message
greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(5,521 Views)
Hi Albert,

I use the RTC4 from scanlabs in labview, I don t know if it s the same as he RTC2 but i suspect it works the same. Simply, all I had to do is access the RTC4DLLL.dll which is the driver API provided by scanlabs. There is a RTC4 manual that stayts all the commands and functions you can call within the .dll librairie, it also explains the initialisation process, like loading the calibration tables.... I guess RTC2 is the same. You will have to write your own *labview drivers*, librairie calls, but it s not something complicated. Just fallow the C integration parameters when you fill the CALL LIBRAIRE FUNCTION in labview.

I hope this helps.

regards
Lukasz
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(5,331 Views)
hehe Smiley Very Happy  this was in 2001 😛
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(5,329 Views)

Hi Lukasz!

In 2007, I have the same problem as Albert did in 2001 but with a RTC3 board. I even failed at the first Ctrl command "load_correction_file". Although I' m (almost) sure, that I have configured the CallLibraryFunction-node correctly, it produces the error message "An exception occured within the external code called by a Call Library Node. This may have corrupted LabVIEW's memory. You should save any works to a new location and restart LabVIEW. VI was stopped at Call Library Function Node 0x1D4 of subVI".

I have to confess that I am a physician. A reply for dummies would be very helpful as it is urgent for our project to control the laser scanner.

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(5,196 Views)
Hello Martin,

First, don t worry it shouldn t be very complicated Smiley Happy I work at a reasearch center with physicist and an hospital with physicians, we probably work on something very similar, like eye surgery assisted by laser Smiley Wink

1- First thing first, does your scanner works with the examples provided with Scanlabs? ex.: "Hpgl.exe" with an "*.PLT" file?

2- If so, have a look at my load correction subVI, I always do a reset before I start working with the scanner control, only once at the beginning. If the function returs :"0" zero, it s working if not, come back to me.

regards
Lukasz
Message 7 of 14
(5,165 Views)

Hello Lukasz,

many thanks for your immediate reply. Your and my VIs were completely identical, but after some time a found my stupid mistake: the filename had a little typing error (a physician's mistake...). May I disturb you again In case of being confronted with other problems?

By the way: We work on soft tissue structures of the neck... It was a pleasure, thank you very much for your help!

Best regards, Martin

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(5,141 Views)
I thought physicians had bad writing, not typing Smiley Very Happy !
Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(5,137 Views)
It s a pleasure to be of any assistance, feel free if you have any questions.

regards
Lukasz
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(5,127 Views)