From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does sombody have a labview driver for the Scanlab rtc2 scanner controller

From the German firm Scanlab we have a RTC2 isa card with a dll. Has somebody already written a labview driver for this card ?
greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(5,566 Views)
Couldn't find anything on the NI site. You might want to check on the card's munufacturer site.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(5,566 Views)
I looked at all known sites before I posted this message
greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(5,564 Views)
Hi Albert,

I use the RTC4 from scanlabs in labview, I don t know if it s the same as he RTC2 but i suspect it works the same. Simply, all I had to do is access the RTC4DLLL.dll which is the driver API provided by scanlabs. There is a RTC4 manual that stayts all the commands and functions you can call within the .dll librairie, it also explains the initialisation process, like loading the calibration tables.... I guess RTC2 is the same. You will have to write your own *labview drivers*, librairie calls, but it s not something complicated. Just fallow the C integration parameters when you fill the CALL LIBRAIRE FUNCTION in labview.

I hope this helps.

regards
Lukasz
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(5,374 Views)
hehe Smiley Very Happy  this was in 2001 😛
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(5,372 Views)

Hi Lukasz!

In 2007, I have the same problem as Albert did in 2001 but with a RTC3 board. I even failed at the first Ctrl command "load_correction_file". Although I' m (almost) sure, that I have configured the CallLibraryFunction-node correctly, it produces the error message "An exception occured within the external code called by a Call Library Node. This may have corrupted LabVIEW's memory. You should save any works to a new location and restart LabVIEW. VI was stopped at Call Library Function Node 0x1D4 of subVI".

I have to confess that I am a physician. A reply for dummies would be very helpful as it is urgent for our project to control the laser scanner.

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(5,239 Views)
Hello Martin,

First, don t worry it shouldn t be very complicated Smiley Happy I work at a reasearch center with physicist and an hospital with physicians, we probably work on something very similar, like eye surgery assisted by laser Smiley Wink

1- First thing first, does your scanner works with the examples provided with Scanlabs? ex.: "Hpgl.exe" with an "*.PLT" file?

2- If so, have a look at my load correction subVI, I always do a reset before I start working with the scanner control, only once at the beginning. If the function returs :"0" zero, it s working if not, come back to me.

regards
Lukasz
Message 7 of 14
(5,208 Views)

Hello Lukasz,

many thanks for your immediate reply. Your and my VIs were completely identical, but after some time a found my stupid mistake: the filename had a little typing error (a physician's mistake...). May I disturb you again In case of being confronted with other problems?

By the way: We work on soft tissue structures of the neck... It was a pleasure, thank you very much for your help!

Best regards, Martin

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(5,184 Views)
I thought physicians had bad writing, not typing Smiley Very Happy !
Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(5,180 Views)
It s a pleasure to be of any assistance, feel free if you have any questions.

regards
Lukasz
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(5,170 Views)