LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does labVIEW evaluation software have relay swtiches?

hey. my question is very simple. basically i'm trying to model a control system using labview evaluation software that i downloaded onto my laptop (windows xp). i know there is a simple SPST switch that is included, but i need a SPDT and DPDT (although the latter is not as important). am i just missing their location in labview? or is there anywhere to obtain these items?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,708 Views)

???

LaVIEW really doesn't have any relay switches which are hardware, not software.  I know there is an Express VI called relay, but that is kind of a dumb VI.  It basically just uses a lot of code to wrap up some pretty simple operations.

Anything you want to do with "switches" in software can be done with booleans and case structures.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,705 Views)

What is the control system you are trying to model?

Here is a link to some the eval version of some products (Control Design and Simulation, System Identification, PID control and more)

https://lumen.ni.com/nicif/us/evaltlktcds/content.xhtml

Also, you can build your own control based on xcontrols. Use the SPST to create your won SPDT and DPDT and post it online!

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361E-01/lvconcepts/using_labview_xcontrols/

Cheers!

Javi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,700 Views)
well i can make my own the concepts behind relay switches aren't difficult. but basically i'm trying to simulate an AC power source, so i'm using a simple sine wave as my input (i have two), and then basically putting these two sine waves through a few relays so that one will finally end up at the end. i know switches are just boolean logic, and that's not hard, but you can't take a sine save and put it through logic gates. that's where i'm having trouble. advice?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,694 Views)

It could be something as simple as the options below:

Relay.PNG

Start by learning LabVIEW and programming basics. One place to start is here.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,688 Views)
You can model the two relays with the examples Dennis provided.  You can wire any similar type to the selector to better represent your model.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,647 Views)