From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how to the invoke node "Reinit to Default"? (see attached VI)

Solved!
Go to solution

Thanks a lot Berth for the explanation. If I want the listbox to show nothing, I will write nothing  "  ". 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(790 Views)

@GRCK5000 wrote:

Thanks a lot Berth for the explanation. If I want the listbox to show nothing, I will write nothing  "  ". 

Bingo! No need to use the Invoke node.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(788 Views)
No, it's only 10% of the BINGO. LOL .  So I am able to reinitialize only the first column of the table every 10 seconds (see this updated attached code).Now how do I go about reinitializing the whole table every 10 seconds? This is the problem I having now. I am also working on it. I attached my updated code.
Another problem I am having is when I reinitialize, I would like to restart loading data from the very top (3rd row). If you run  the code, you'll see what I am talking about.
Have you ever done what I am trying to achieve?
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(782 Views)
Solution
Accepted by GRCK5000

How about trying this?

Frozen_0-1652909389916.png

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Message 14 of 23
(773 Views)

And The Trophy (Best answer) goooooeeees to Frozennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!

Thanks a lot!. Problem solved.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(761 Views)
Solution
Accepted by GRCK5000

You still have glaring errors.

• You cannot use [i] because that even increments in the reinit case, thus messing with your count.
  • If you compare the reminder with zero, you'll also init at the first iterations
  • If you cycle through all state, a simple +1 will correctly wrap once the state enum runs out of items.
  • You are not really doing anything based on time, but on line count.

Here's a quick draft that seems to work more correctly.

Message 16 of 23
(752 Views)
Solution
Accepted by GRCK5000

And if there are really only two states that switch at regular intervals, you don't even need an enum.

altenbach_1-1652919380802.png

Message 17 of 23
(749 Views)

Thank you very much Mr. Altenbach. This is great! I learned to stay away from feedback node. I'll stick with shift registers from now on thanks to you. 

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23
(730 Views)

Best advice always. Thanks Mr. Altenbach!

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(727 Views)

@GRCK5000 wrote:

Thank you very much Mr. Altenbach. This is great! I learned to stay away from feedback node. I'll stick with shift registers from now on thanks to you. 

I'm sure that's not the intended take-away lesson.  altenbach frequently advocates FOR feedback nodes as a more compact alternative to shift registers.   There are specific use cases that favor each method over the other, but also a lot (probably more) where either method can be used effectively.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 20 of 23
(715 Views)