LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have a set of .VIs for talking to a generic modem?

Hi and thanks for reading.
I don't want to have to know AT commands, just what I want to do. Such as go off hook, dial a number, wait for answer etc.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,442 Views)
Stan,
Maybe the attached VI will help. This VI library contains utilities to talk via the serial port to a modem. Sending standard Hayes-compatible AT commands to the modem allow it to dial a number, send data, hang up, etc.

If you have the Internet Toolkit, it assumes you already have a valid TCP/IP connection. However, many web browsers such as Netscape and Internet Explorer have auto-dialing options that will start dial-up networking automatically when you launch your browser. The only trouble is that the auto-dial wizards can require the user to push buttons, but there is a Shareware program called DUNCE which will take care of the button pushes for you in the auto-dial wizards so the user does not have to intervene in the dial-up process.
You can la
unch the browser from LV and then have the browser configured for auto-dial and that should take care of the problem. I did not actually try this out myself, but in theory, it should work.

Zvezdana S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,442 Views)