From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anybosy have an example to work on with OMEGA CN612 temperature controller

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi ,

I am wondering if somebody can help me in finding an example to work on with Omega CN612 temperature controller.

- Ankit G

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 33
(3,162 Views)

Have you looked at the 616 model driver on IDN to see if it would work, or at least be a starting point?

-------
Mark Ramsdale
-------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 33
(3,160 Views)

Hi Mark,

I am trying to use that example, but I am getting this error :

Error -1073807339 occurred at VISA Read in TempReadCN616PID1.vi

Possible reason(s):

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF0015) Timeout expired before operation completed.

not sure why this error is coming up. Please let me know.

- Ankit G

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 33
(3,156 Views)

On the surface it seems like there is not VISA communication, thus the time out.

How close in the driver of this similar model to the actual model?  Have you looked at the two instruction sets?  Knowing this will divide the issue into compatible drivers Vs.. Hardware/example code issues.  If the command sets are the same, then you can look to see why the com seems to be lost, if that is the case.

Can you watch he code execute to see if the init VI is giving an error prior to the read?

-------
Mark Ramsdale
-------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 33
(3,148 Views)

Hi Mike,

The init vi works fine without error, but during visa read my program stays for few seconds and then gives this error. just fyi, i am using rs232 to usb adaptor since i dont have rs 232 port in my laptop , will this make any affect.?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 33
(3,145 Views)

The init VI does nothing at all that could cause any error unless you specify a port that does not exist. It should not make a difference whether you have a USB-Serial or built-in port. There are numerous possibilities for a timeout error. Before doing any programming, check communication with a program such as Hyperterminal. Verify the com settings, the correct type of cable (null modem/straight through), etc.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 33
(3,140 Views)

Since you are using a driver from a different model you have to know if the two instruments use the same commands.  If you send a command that is not used, it is possible to get a timeout error, the VISA waits for a response and never gets one.

The USB dongle is not causing your error.

-------
Mark Ramsdale
-------
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 33
(3,136 Views)

The Hyperterminal does work but i cant get Labview or MAX to work every time i get the same timeout error. I also used serial port monitor to get the correct which there software uses but still getting the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 33
(3,115 Views)

You have not said exactly what you are doing in Hyperterminal and you have not said exactly what you are doing in LabVIEW. If you are using that unsupported driver, what function? I did a brief look at the driver and I noticed it does not append a termination character(s) at the end of each command that is written. Have you tried adding a CR/LF like Hyperterminal or looking in the manual if something is required?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 33
(3,109 Views)

Have you verified all the port settings?  Also, you haven't said if the commands you are using in hyperterminal are the same as the drivers.

Can you compare I/O trace when running LabVIEW or MAX Vs. What you are sending in Hyperterminal?

-------
Mark Ramsdale
-------
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 33
(3,106 Views)