LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does McAfee WebAdvisor sneaky install with LabVIEW 2020 or VIPM?

Solved!
Go to solution

After installing LabVIEW 2020 x86 and x64 from the offline .iso files.  I was shocked the plague of "McAfee WebAdvisor" then appeared on my computer.  Could it be that NI or JKI is sneaking this into the install?  Has anyone else seen this?

Capture.PNG

In my list of installed programs, there it is, right in the middle of all the recently installed NI components.

D__0-1592925089105.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,066 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author D*

I have not seen this, and I have installed LabVIEW 2020 and VIPM 2020 on several machines at this point.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,043 Views)

The offline installer comes as an iso file, so my question is, what is the default handler for iso file in your system?

On a clean windows 10 system, it is plain windows explorer, but it is possible that you have some third party iso handler installed, so all bets are off. It might well notice the install action and add a few things on the side. Do you have any e.g. CD burning software downloaded from a questionable source or as adware supported crapware? (e.g. "BurnAware free"  and probably several others try to install macafee webadvisor).

I would also do a scan for malware (see e.g. this post). What is your browser?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,030 Views)