LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Labview and NI hardware support Multifunction Vehicle Bus (MVB)

Hello,

Most of the train systems today use MVB (Multifunction Vechicle Bus) communication. Does labview support it and are there NI hardware compaitable with it. Any information on this matter will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Prav

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(7,176 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(7,161 Views)

have you found a solution yet? Otherwise talk to the company that offers many MVB products, they have done some LabVIEW drivers for some of their products. www.duagon.ch

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,860 Views)

I am in the same condition. Haven't you found a solution yet? Did you evaluate the Duagon boards?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,363 Views)

Duagon (www.duagon.ch) is offering a cPCI board that works in PXI systems. The also have LabVIEW drivers for Windows and LabVIEW Realtime. We have tested them both this spring and they just worked fine. In case of any unforseen issues there is also a very helpful engineering contact @ Duagon. His name is Joerg Rapka.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,327 Views)

Good news, thanks. I will try it.

Let me to take advantage of yuor expertise, do you know some similar board for WTB (Wired Train Bus) ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,321 Views)

Dear Christian,

we requested technical and commercial information from duagon regarding the MVB cPCI D215 board and they told (and write into the offer) that no LV driver are available for that board.

We can use only the API doing at least a wrapper in LV.

Do you have different information about that?

Where we can find the driver you mention?

Regards

Luigi Magni (System Engineer - CTA)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,124 Views)

hi,do you solve the program the D215 card wors in PXI system with LabVIEW RT?

I have been puzzled for one Month. Can you tell me the solution?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,587 Views)

Hi,

My company (Tritem) prepared the MVB drivers for duagon boards both for Windows and LabVIEW RT (Pharlap).

The driver can be used in a regular LabVIEW code, but we've implemented also a VeriStand Custom Device for it.

If you are interested do not hesitate to contact me.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,255 Views)