From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does LabVIEW need to know which network to use?

Hi,

I have a LabVIEW standalone application installed in a client machine(Intel NUC with WiFi connected to an internet hotspot) which uses 'SMTP client' VI & 'FTP put file' VI's to automatically generate email & upload .csv files everyday.

The emails were coming everyday & the files were also getting uploaded....all was well.

Now , we had to put in an additional USB WiFi dongle(WiFi2) to link with a separate access point(not internet connected) to connect to some I.P enabled devices in the intranet through the browser.

Since then , the automatic mailing & uploading have stopped.

I have a feeling that the LabVIEW code is trying to access internet through WiFi2 and failing.

Does LabVIEW know which network to use?

.....or , if I rephrase my question , is there any way by means of which LabVIEW can be forced to use WiFi & NOT WiFi2?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,755 Views)

This might be the issue, I have had similar before in LabVIEW when adding a 3g dongle messed up some TCP/IP connections for me.

There's normally some metric that determines the priority of each interface. How you adjust this depends on the OS. I think you can set the metric in windows 10 from advanced network setting, but you should find easily enough by searching Google for "network priority".

0xDEAD

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,734 Views)