LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Intel Atom compatible with Labview 2018?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm planning to make fatigue tester machine that uses Maxon motor, proximity switch, load cells and TPC1251 (Advantech LCD Panel). Note that TPC1251 uses Intel Atom E3827 as its processor. From my reading and googling, there seems to be a performance issues with Intel Atom LCD panel with LabVIEW executable running slow and the hypothesis was due to its dual core limitations. Hence, I would like to ask the experts on what's your thought runnning LabVIEW executable in a Intel Atom E3827 powered LCD Panel? Is it the specifications really a problem or it can be overcome?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,153 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ZazVeldora

I have used the Advantech computer and LED before. I would suggest that it depends on how you write your software. What you are expecting from the system? Is it logging data? Do you do a lot of processing or is it just an HMI? There is a lot to answer your question. The other issues I ran into was the weight of the runtime engine and the drivers that were required to be used if I didn't off load all of the control to a PLC.

There really is no easy answer to your question.

If you are doing an HMI and the program is not too taxing, then yes. If you are going to do more than that you may need to upgrade to more horsepower.

Tim
GHSP
Message 2 of 3
(2,092 Views)

I have not used one the Advantech LCD panels, but I have had issues with LabVIEW on Atom powered notebooks.  Specifically, issues with USB DAQ devices.  ( That was a couple of years ago now though ) 

If you're using a USB DAQ device, then you'll want to double check the bus specs on your panel.  

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
Message 3 of 3
(2,091 Views)