LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation on drivers for GE 5565 PIORC board

Hello everyone,

Does someone know where I can find documentation on drivers for GE 5565 PIORC board?

Those downloadable here: http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=80753D24C5653E69E04400144F1EF8...

The only files provided are rather general about how to install drivers.

Thank you.

Luc

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,797 Views)

Actually, the reference of the board is PMC-5565PIORC board from GE Intelligent Platforms

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,781 Views)

Hi Luc,

About installing the driver, you have to install NI-VISA 4.6 first. Then, you need to unzip the file in the <LabVIEW>\instr.lib directory. You can then restart LabVIEW an you will be able to find your driver on your palette.

If you need examples, you can find them in the <LabVIEW>\instr.lib\GE 5565 PIORC\Examples directory.

This should help you get started. For more informations about the drivers, you will have to contact GE.

I hope this helps,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,745 Views)

Hi Charlotte.

Thanks for your answer. I had already check those examples but they aren't really commented. That's why I was looking for a kind of reference manual.

Luc

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,736 Views)

Hi Luc,

Most driver instruments are structured in the same way. There is a lot of information on this page and many tutorials on drivers and instrument control. You should have a look through all the tutorials. For example I have seen this page which could interest you.

Unfortunately, I don't have information on your specific driver. As I said, you should contact GE on that point.

I hope this helps,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,724 Views)

Maybe we don't understand the same thing under the word "structure". My question was about the Inputs (parameters) and Outputs (results) of the API that allows to control the GE 5565 PIORC board: read the reflective memory (RM), write on the RM, management of the interruptions and requests, ...

My problem is that I am developping on Labview, a custom device for VeriStand that must be able to read and write on the RM in real time, in order to make communicate several PXI rack (that contain one GE 5565 PIORC board each).

BUT when I download the Labview API library, I do not have a Labview API library reference manual. I just have found a reference manual designed for the C API library, in this manual the API's functions have different names, different inputs and different outputs than the Labview API library functions. 

BESIDES the examples, you tell mle about, are not commented. I just know what they are doing by reading their titles, which is a bit tiny to start to develop a custom device.

SO I was wondering if a Labview API library reference manual would exist and if someone knew where to find it. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,716 Views)

I don't know if this is still timely, but we don't have an API documentation at the moment.  I am familar with the API so I can answer questions if necessary.  I wonder why you aren't using the built-in functionality that VeriStand has to use these cards and are developing your own custom-device.

Regards,

lboltzmann

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,574 Views)

Which version of NI VeriStand are you using?  If you are using NI VeriStand 2010, it has built in support for the GE 5565 PIORC board.  You can right-click the Targets/Controller/Hardware/Chassis/Data Sharing node under a target to Add Reflective Memory.  When communicating between two NI VeriStand systems you can let NI VeriStand assign the memory address that is used for the communication.  In your case were you are communicating with a 3rd party system you can create explicit channels at the memory address you need.  To add an explicit channel right-click the device and say Add Data Channel.

Carl L

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,559 Views)