From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you have experience that you can connect to the cRIO-9104 but cannot donwload the program to the RT engine and FPGA?

I can connect the cRIO-9104, I view it in MAX can it shows the cRIO-9104 is connected, but when I open the LabVIEW and want to download the program to the RT engine, it shows "Wait the RT egine to resopnse" and it shows fail to connect the cRIO-9104 later.

May you give me some guidelines on how to deal with it? Should I try rebooting the cRIO-9104 in the MAX?

Thank you!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,530 Views)
Hi,

How are you connecting to your cRIO-9014- is it through a crossover cable or through a switch/hub?  If you are connecting through a direct link to your computer, you will need to use a crossover cable and disable DHCP settings on the host and assign a static IP.  What software do you have on the host- specifically what versions of LV and LVRT?  What version of LVRT do you have on the target?  It is hard to say at this moment what the cause is of the problem.  With these questions, hopefully we will narrow down the problem.

Regards,

Nadim
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,474 Views)
Hi,
I had the similar experience when I used wireless Ethernet to connect cRIO and host computer: MAX showed that the cRIO was connected, but LabVIEW failed to connect to the cRIO. I had to shorten the distance between the wirless router (to which the cRIo was connected) and the computer running LabVIEW so that the wireless signal was strong enough for LabVIEW to connect to cRIO and download the program to cRIO. It seems that MAX is more tolerant to the quality of network connection than LabVIEW.
Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,409 Views)
Hi

With reference to MAX try to transfer a file from your pc to your controller. What appears as a tolerant program (MAX) might actually reveal that it isn't.

Also
If you don't update (F5) the Max menu then it recalls a previous set up!!

Regarding the wireless router, I suspect that MAX has a lower default baud rate than Labview, so downgrading LV to 9600bps could actually increase the range ( if required)

has the 9104 controller a RS232 connection? If so then run Hyper terminal and connect to the controller. Reseting the controller ( reset button) should then reboot the system , Hyper terminal program would then reveal what applications programs are loaded on the controller(9104)

Hope that helps

xseadog

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,271 Views)