From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do nothing in a double case structure

pincpanter escreveu:

You missed the point: in the selected condition you would not set the voltage at all. See the following image.

Just to clarify the situation, please read my answer above (you were probably typing yours when I've posted).

I understand the matter and I agree with that.

Regards

Mondoni
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(569 Views)

Joaoparm, indeed I was answering to the OP, however I agree that we could use a selection function. As thoult pointed out, however, this is less flexible.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(548 Views)

this looks troubling.....anyone knows why? surprised no one caught this.....

float.png

can you please post your vi so that we can understand the 'whole ' picture...

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(544 Views)

Thanks for your answers. As for the equal condition it´s not a problem at all, I put it there just for testing but I´m usually using a lower or equal to condition. This is how it works:

Two parameters, one measured M(t), one applied A(t). Depending on the values measured we change the applied one.

Ao is applied at the beginning until M reaches Mf, then we switch to -Ao until M reaches Mi, then we switch back to Ao until M reaches Mf, and this a certain number of times. My problem was that we reach Mi two times, at the beginning (in this case we need to keep applying Ao) and a second time (and here we need to switch back to Ao). I was thinking of putting something that indicates the sign of Ao, it would make the cases simpler, but then I thought maybe it would be even better if I just didn´t change A in the corresponding case.

I hope this clarifies it apok.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(498 Views)