LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do front panel property nodes characteristics differ between operating systems

Yes,

Im just getting into labview, it seems very difficult to keep clean at times. Im getting the hang of it though.  I actually found the solution as well.  I renamed the module on my computer and i have that as a constant in the application, so ofcourse when i switched to the other computer it couldnt find the correct moduel.  It works now, but is there a way to hard code something like that so i wouldnt have the issue if i was to deploy it?  Also any advice on my code is always welcome. Im trying to make improvements.

Thanks James,

Matt

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 25
(1,069 Views)

Glad you found the problem.

When you say Module, you mean the instrument module, right? So the name that shows in your DAQmx channel? I don't think you shared the right code above because I don't see anything like your horizontal/vertical scrollbar image you sent.

If it's a DAQmx module, you can create a configuration file from MAX that includes that device's alias and everything and then include that with an installer along with the executable. Other options are to find all DAQmx resources that are connected, sort by what type of instrument they are, and use the one that matches what you want. I worked with a Network DAQ before and I knew that no other NI9191 devices would ever be on the same network so I just found all 9191 devices and use the "first" one.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 25
(1,061 Views)

James,

That was the right code, in the second tab you should be able to see the array and scroll bar, it may open with the graph up and you may have to run it to make the tab control visible  I will look into the configuration file and may just try to use the serial number of the device, i know that wont be changing.

I appreciate the help,

Matt

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 25
(1,055 Views)

Are you sure?  The only VI I've seen attached is called Thermocouple Testing.VI.  The only thing I see on your front panel is a waveform chart and a stop button.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 25
(1,034 Views)

Ravensfan,

Thats how i mustve saved it, if you run the code, it should go to the correct front panel.  The tab control isnt currently visible, that the front panel it ends on, which i should probably have it return to the start front panel. Here is the same Vi just saved at the start state of the front panel.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 25
(1,029 Views)
I'm just on my phone now, but there is a subVI missing I believe, so we can't run the code.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 25
(1,019 Views)

Thats odd,

Does it say which vi is missing? I dont have any user vi's in the application, nor any add on vi's.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 25
(1,004 Views)

@matt198717 wrote:

Thats odd,

Does it say which vi is missing? I dont have any user vi's in the application, nor any add on vi's.

It is a ctrl:

"ENUM RING FOR TEMPERATIRE.ctl"

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 25
(980 Views)
Oh that's right, now I remember that. Blokk, can you disconnect those type defs and run the code to see what OP is talking about?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 25
(972 Views)

Okay,

I got it.  Im sending the project file now, this is all learning experienc for me.

-Matt
Message 20 of 25
(971 Views)