LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to purchase NI Vision to utilize IMAQ

A colleague gave me a VI he wrote and it includes IMAQ subvi's.  When I first ran it, it couldn't find the IMAQ VI's.  He then sent me some LLB's with the IMAQ VI's.  I received an error that the vi's are unlicensed copies of NI Vision.  I am afraid that I will have to purchase NI Vision to run the main VI.  A search on the lab PC I am using shows that nivision.dll is present.  I am not sure of all that has been installed already on this PC.  If nivision.dll is present, do I already have NI Vision?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,209 Views)

amott wrote: If nivision.dll is present, do I already have NI Vision?

No. Probably you have installed Vision Acquisition Software (where nivision also included). But your colleague may uses Vision Development Module. You can't simply copy Vision VIs - you also need Vision Development Module license.

Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,203 Views)

If your fried has full development module for labview, he can build an application and give it to you and you can run it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are (always) welcome for the good post. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,175 Views)

Odessy27: Just remember that to run a build application with NI vision also requeres a license:

https://www.ni.com/en/shop/data-acquisition-and-control/add-ons-for-data-acquisition-and-control/wha...

OP: If you are doing any sort of vision, you need to by the license.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,172 Views)

ahh..did not know about this!  It is insane that even after paying for developers module lisense, for every machine running just the app needs to have a linsense. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are (always) welcome for the good post. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,165 Views)