From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to purchase NI Vision to utilize IMAQ

A colleague gave me a VI he wrote and it includes IMAQ subvi's.  When I first ran it, it couldn't find the IMAQ VI's.  He then sent me some LLB's with the IMAQ VI's.  I received an error that the vi's are unlicensed copies of NI Vision.  I am afraid that I will have to purchase NI Vision to run the main VI.  A search on the lab PC I am using shows that nivision.dll is present.  I am not sure of all that has been installed already on this PC.  If nivision.dll is present, do I already have NI Vision?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,207 Views)

amott wrote: If nivision.dll is present, do I already have NI Vision?

No. Probably you have installed Vision Acquisition Software (where nivision also included). But your colleague may uses Vision Development Module. You can't simply copy Vision VIs - you also need Vision Development Module license.

Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,201 Views)

If your fried has full development module for labview, he can build an application and give it to you and you can run it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are (always) welcome for the good post. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,173 Views)

Odessy27: Just remember that to run a build application with NI vision also requeres a license:

https://www.ni.com/en/shop/data-acquisition-and-control/add-ons-for-data-acquisition-and-control/wha...

OP: If you are doing any sort of vision, you need to by the license.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,170 Views)

ahh..did not know about this!  It is insane that even after paying for developers module lisense, for every machine running just the app needs to have a linsense. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are (always) welcome for the good post. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,163 Views)