LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dll function calls from VB6 to Labview do not work.

HI,

We are transferring our production test systems from VB6 to Labview, and we are using "CAN-AC2-PCI" cards. When call functions of dll "canacpci.dll", UUT does not response at all, and Labview program does not report any error either. Attached are the user manual and my labview codes.

I guess the DeviceNe_init.vi works because if run it twice, second runing will report error. To correct the error, the card has to be closed first..

I close the card first, then initialize it. After then send the data. But I can not see any communication by DeviceNet Analyzer when sending data.

All function parameters are copied from existing VB6 program. The VB6 program works fine.

Please help me out,

Thanks,

Xiang Zhan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,860 Views)

Hi Turck,

I'm not familar with this device, and it is difficult to say in this case.  I would recommend calling into National Instruments support or contacting the vendor of the device for additional assistance in this case.  As this isn't one of NI's Industrial Communications devices, you could also post on the LabVIEW forums for additional assistance, as there are a lot more people looking at that board than this one.

Thanks!

Matt S.
Industrial Communications Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,840 Views)

It is not LabVIEW forums? Where is that?:mansurprised:

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,815 Views)

Hi Turck,

The best place to go will be here, on the LabVIEW forums. Also, if you go to ni.com/forums you can choose the LabVIEW option. Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Anna L

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,798 Views)