LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dividing incoming train of pulse signals into individual pulse signals

Hello,

I am acquiring the pulse signals using DAQ with sample rate of 500Hz.In the attached image the first signal corresponds to 1 second duration samples of pulse signal and second with 10 second duration collected using collector.Now I want to divide and save this incoming pulse signal as periods such that each period contains a pulse signals.The main problem is that the each incoming samples of 1 sec duration doesn't actually contain a single pulse but sometimes contains the two half's corresponding to two different pusle signals.

Can I know how to divide this incoming samples so that I can save the last four pulse signals in four periods so that they can be used to average the current pusle signal to make it better if it doesn't have the same shape or very different amplitude to the previuos one's.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,749 Views)

I want to divide the signal into periods such that it contains sample values(amplitude) from the satrting index of a pulse to the next index of another pulse as shown in the attached image.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,730 Views)

Your signals look fairly clean (low noise). I would try to find segments which remain below a threshold, such as Amplitude < 0.1 in your images. Then divide the data near the midpoints of the baseline sgements.

The period of the signal in your image is not 1 second, but is closer to 0.9 second. If you want all your individual pulse segments to be of equal length, you may need to do something more sophisticated.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,700 Views)