From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying the color and the corresponding value in an intensity chart

When I hand over data from an array to an Intensity chart is it possible that the chart not only shows me the corresponding color to the value but also the value itself in the rectangle?

For example in the handed over array is one value that is colored red through the z-scale and it's value is 34. By looking at the chart I directly want so see the color and the corresponding exact value.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,448 Views)

Can you draw sample image, what you want?
I can't imagine how you draw numbers for all points.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,439 Views)

There are a few ways to do this, but no OOTB solution.

First one would be to use a color box and a numeric indicator in a cluster, and put in a 2D array. That does mean you need to fill the color boxes yourself with a meaningful color... And you'll loose cursors, etc.

The 2nd one is to use the intensity graph's picture control overlay. The graph has a property to set the overlay that is over the graph area. You can draw anything in that picture overlay. It would be a matter of getting the graph scales and positioning the numeric text, and to update then when the data or the scales change. See this presentation (warning: not a lot of context in it, just sheets).

A third solution would be to use graph annotations. I don't have much experience with those, but I think they'll do the job. It would require manually placing them at the correct positions, but those positions would be graph scale positions (not pixels, as with the picture overlay).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,431 Views)

Like the picture annexed to this message.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,428 Views)

With intensity CHART this enough difficult.
The chart hasn't plot images/cursors etc.
Moreover, you drew 3*3 data, but chart can change own axes.
Are you really need chart?
And you will always draw 3*3?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,418 Views)

In every case I need an intensity chart or an intensity graph. 

And I need it for a continuously updatet 9x3 plot but I really have no idea how to fix this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,414 Views)

intens.png

This is draft for one of solution. And it has error: you need inverse numbers by Y.

But I hope you can fix it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,404 Views)

Yes, typically, the Y scales in a graph go from top to bottom, max to min. The picture control goes from 0 to height.

The Y coordinates (as calculated right now) needs to be subtracted from the height.

Y (and X) scales can be flipped. So this needs to be considered when working on a general solution.

Another caveat: the picture control values are persistent. So the image is saved with the VI... That can be an unpleasant surprise when the graph is empty by default.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,398 Views)