LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying the Temp. at different location by selecting in front window tab

hi,

i am trying to develop a system to displaying the tempurature as well as control. please find the attached picture file to give a better view regarding my quastion.

this program contain few tabs.
page 1- page which is the user will select the location of thermocouples. once the thermocouple location selected, the selected name will be used as a reference in logging TXT file as a header of the coloum. 
page 2,3,4,5 and 6 - page which will display the selected tempurature

problem:
the agilent data logger has only 40 thermocouple logging capability. the system will have about 80 to 90 thermocouple locations. so the user will select different thermocouple location at beginning of the testing for given thermocouple.
for example:
if the user select the thermocouple 1 is assign to location T1 - 3 then the reading of thermocouple 1 should display on the page 3 at correct location. on the next test the thermocouple1 could change to T1 - 8.

this few days i spend good couple of hours on this problem and the solution still some where in the sky!!!! or no solution for this problem.    
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,462 Views)
Hello siva,

from page 1 you got 2 numbers: which thermocouple to read and where to display.

You wire the number of "where to display" to the selector of a case structure. Each number is a case, in this case you have the terminal of the correct indicator. (So for instance in case 0 you have indicator 1 on page 2, in case 10 it's maybe indicator 3 of page 4 and so on.) The value of the thermocouple is written to the selected terminal.

Simple straight solution 🙂

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,457 Views)

GerdW

could you show an simple example please,

siva

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,454 Views)
Hello siva,

here comes an example... (LV7.0)
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 5
(2,451 Views)
GerdW

the solution which you posted helped me indirectly!

please find the attached file

siva

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,439 Views)