LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying picture centered on the second screen

I'm trying to deal with following issue:

I want to display sequence of pictures on my second monitor in such manner, that whole second monitor (in my configuration it is a projector connected to laptop as 2nd monitor) will be a Front Panel with picture in the middle of it (no toolbars, scrollbars etc, picture is centered (this is cruccial) and is shown on whole screen (this is optional, but good addition). On my main screen i want to have Front Panel with controls which I can change while "projection" is working on the second screen. Those controls affect projection directly.

I searched this kind of issue (those are actually 2 issues: A) controlling 2nd screen's FP via 1st screen's FP B) centering the picture on 2nd screen) and found this topic:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Changing-image-parameters-while-displaying-on-second-monitor/m-p/199...

which solves issue A). Long story short: 2 VIs are needed - one to display pictures on 2nd monitor (let's call it "displaying VI"), and one to control things (let's call it "controlling VI"). In the controlling VI I open reference to the displaying VI and set displaying VI's values and Front Panel Bounds (so they match 2nd monitor's). This is described in the link above (with helpful screenshots).

I've tried to recreate it and I've got some decent results, but I'm still not sure if I'm doing things right. Firstly, there was no clue on how displaying VI should look like, so I made it as simple as possible, it works i guess. Secondly, I got some weird issue with FP Bounds. In my configuration I got laptop with 1680x1050 screen and projector. My OS (Win7) says projector is 640x480, but when I get into projector's menu it says projector is 720x480. I've tried to check which of these is correct and got strange results. Biggest picture I could display on my projector was actually 645x410.I don't know what to think about it. This might be my sofware/hardware issue, or maybe I don't know something or I misunderstand things, but this messes my mind. Anyway, I still don't know how to center the picture on second screen, no matter what resolution it is.

I attach pictures of my VIs with additional descriptions in it. I would be glad if someone told me if I'm doing things right with displaying VI and controlling VI and if someone could help me with putting the picutre in the middle of second screen. If there is such need, I will attach my VIs.

My LabVIEW version is 2011, Windows 7 x64

Chudy

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,576 Views)

Hello Chudy.

Is it ok to post VIs that you were using? It would be easier to test things that you described.

Cheers, 

Sofija

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,398 Views)