LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying equations on the front panel

Solved!
Go to solution

What is the best way to display (for lack of a better term) "pretty looking" equations on the front panel? I want to display equations that look like they would in LaTeX or Microsoft equation editor. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,204 Views)

Are the equations set or can the user edit them? I would generate the pictures beforehand and display them in a picture control.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,190 Views)

The equations will be set. This seems like a good idea, but I have never used a picture control before.  Could you provide an example?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,165 Views)

This link may guide you in a possible direction. You can use it to create a gif of the equation and then display it in a picture control. 

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,140 Views)

Also have a look at Darin's Math Node for some possible ideas. (not quite the same, but still....)

Message 6 of 10
(5,123 Views)

You mean something like this?

formula.PNG

Like everyone else said make it a picture and just place it on your panel.

I think I made the formula using the Equation Editor that was part of MS Office.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 7 of 10
(5,118 Views)

Unfortunatly there is no way to export the result of the Ms Equation Editor to another application.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,110 Views)

@ben64 wrote:

Unfortunatly there is no way to export the result of the Ms Equation Editor to another application.

Ben64

Sure there is!  🙂

Also:  altenbach thanks for posting that link.  I hadn't run into it before and that is fantastic code.

Message 9 of 10
(5,099 Views)

@BowenM wrote:

@ben64 wrote:

Ben64

Sure there is!  🙂

I meant programmatically and without having to start an Office application

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,077 Views)