From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying data and data markers on same graph on the Front Panel

Friends,

I have an xml file with the waveform data (in mV with time stamp). I also get the markers from the system pertaining to a specific time stamp. These markers are At, Ar, Qr, and Qe etc. 

Is there a way to plot the waveform and the markers on the same front panel graph for the users?

I have labview 8.2

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,187 Views)
Sorry, I have Labview 8.5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,186 Views)

Hi shabu,

I am not sure I understand exactly what you want to do. When you say that you have data markers, do you mean that you want to have a cursor that marks a certain value on the graph? If this is the case, you can add cursors by right clicking the graph, selecting Properties, and add a cursor under the Cursors tab. If you need to control these programatically, you can use property nodes by right clicking the graph, going to Create>>Property Node>>Cursor and selecting the properties that you want to control.

If this is not what you are looking for, describe more about what you mean by data markers.

Regards,

Stephen S.
National Instruments
Applications Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,161 Views)

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your response. I have 3 waveforms that represent the output of three different sensors. Also there are three comparators that produce a marker based on which sensor went above threshold and these markers are also stored with the digitized data from sensors. Each comparators output marker is stored with a time stamp and an identifier Qs, Ap, As. 

The challenge that I'm facing now is that I want to plot all three waveforms on the same graph in a way that they dont overlap and also find a way to display these Qs, Ap, As markers on the graph. I would want to maintain their relative position constant to each other so that when the user changes the time base on graph (zoom in) everything stays together. 

One friend suggested to use overlapping graphs with different levels of opacity but that doesnt seem like a good idea. Is there a way to make a hybrid graph in LabView?

I tried to draw how the graph will look like. Pardon me for my poor MS Paint skills. 

Thanks

Shabu

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,155 Views)

Hi,

Use can increase the no of plots andby rightclicking on the graph enable the transpose array option and check what happens.

Regards
Aks

(Appreciate answers by giving KUDOS)
Hit the stars.............. sky is not the limit.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,138 Views)

Akshanth,

That doesnt work. I can always feed the graph with an array of waveforms and it will plot them out for me on the same graph but they will all be overlapping each other. 

I can always add a constant value to each array to make them separate but then how do i display text marks on the graph. Please refer to the attachment from my previous message. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,111 Views)

You can select the "Show Name" checkbox on the Cursor properties tab. If you want, you can also choose to disable the cursor marking lines so that only the text shows up. The text can be repositioned to where you need it via a property node.

I'll attach an example.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,102 Views)

I only have LV 8.5. Is it possible for you to save it for a lower version?

Also, can i put any number of cursors on the graph?

Any recommendations on how to separate the waveforms from each other without having to add a 10 or 20 to each element of array?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,085 Views)

Sure, here's an example in 8.5

I used a mixed signal graph to plot multiple waveforms in the same "box" without having to manually scale.

You can have as many cursors as you want, and their positions can be controlled individually by writing to the  "ActCrsr" property of the property node.

Message 9 of 12
(3,079 Views)

Alex,

This is very helpful. Will this approach work if you dont know in advance how many cursors will need to go on the graph. How will I make run time decision on the number of cursors.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,066 Views)