LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display video on the frontpanel

Solved!
Go to solution

My intention is to make a game that shows for each case a video on the frontpanel. I know that you need to use the '.NET & ActiveX' -control but when I insert (with browsing) a video as 'ActiveX Object' labview displays me an icon but not the video.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,356 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Boune

You need to right-click on the ActiveX container and select "Windows Media Player" (if you are on Windows). Then, in your code, you assign your video to the URL of the container using a property node (see below).

Clipboard01.png

Good luck.

Marc Dubois
Message 2 of 6
(4,312 Views)

Thank you for the answer.

Is it possible to start the video automatically whitout pressing the start-button?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,265 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Boune

It seems that each time you run the URL property mode, the video plays so you can use that property node.

Or, you can use a property node to obtain a reference to the controls and from this reference, call the invoke node play. Don't forget to close the reference after getting the reference for the controls, especially if you obtain the reference every time you play the video (see below).

Clipboard01.png

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,260 Views)

Thank you very very much, you helped me a lot until now.

But I have still little problems. I want that the screen stays on the same size every time that the program changes from video. And also if it is possible when a video is removed (in my case the idle video) and come back (after the case score(video)) a little bit later that the video restart from where he stopped.

I hope you can save me again.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,227 Views)

I don't know if the ActiveX controls of Windows Media Player allows you to do that. You can explore the properties and methods.

In case Windows Media Player does not allow you to do what you want, you can look for another video player. DivX is one example, QuickTime is another example. I have no clue if any of those two can do what you want.

Another option is to use the LabVIEW Vision module. This option is typically expensive.

Good luck

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,196 Views)