LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display string in LCD

Hello i m a newbie to labview, 

my objective is that, i m trying to provide remote access of FPGA boards to others, so in this process, when the data/sting is written into  LCD  in the board using vhdl, i should make use of the GPIO pins in my board to take the same data and control signal and using those signals, just as the data is displayed in the original LCD(hardware),i  need to display the same in my Labview LCD vi. Please provide me with some suggestions as early as possible, as i m struggling to  get a start.

Some sample codes would be of great help, as i m new to this.

Thanks

Jeebu

References

Aquisition Card used: 6008(Have multiple cards to interface the required data and control signals)

LCD Display: 16*2 with an HD44780 controller.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,524 Views)

somebody please provide me with a start....

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,485 Views)

I have not done this with labview but there is some IP for fpga using the HD44780 controller.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-2741

The protocol is not to complex, a parallel digital protocol, where you can set lcd characters on the screen at the set position.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
Message 3 of 4
(3,481 Views)

But the VI given is a driver for an LCD, but my requirement is to extract the data send to the LCD driver and display it in Labview

There are some difficulties that i face as a beginner,

I need to extract data in 4 bit pattern, which means that if an H is displayed in the LCD, apart from the control signals, the hex value of 'H' being 48 needs to be sent as 4 and 8 in the higher order data pins(DIO7-DIO4) one after the other with a high to low transition on the enable signal with each value

ie

1)check the controll signal whether they are for data write

2)check if there is a 1-0 event in the enable signal

3)If yes latch the data(ie the data '4')

4)check if there is a 1-0 event in the enable signal

5)If yes latch the data(ie the data '8')

6)Now concatenate the two latched data (ie 48)

7)Convert it into character (ie 48 to 'H')

8)Display it

Need help regarding the following step. Since i m new to labview, its taking too much time to get used to all the resources available.

Apart from this i ve made a 1-0 transition checker, that i m attaching with this post, but i dont know how to latch the data when the "event occured" line goes high only for a small time duration and becomes zero after that.

Thanks in advance

HD44780

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,457 Views)