LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display string and keep on moving from left to right repeatedly

I want to display three or more string and it should moving from left to right, once all string are displayed it should repeat the same to display string from left to right( for example TV News channel heading news are going bottom of the screen)

Thanks

VenkatStony

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,604 Views)

Hi Venkat,

when you want something you have to program it… 😄

This forum will help you on (specific) LabVIEW problems. Do you have them? Can you describe those problems? Can you show them in a VI?

Solution:

Create a string from your "three or more" string parts. Display just a portion of that string in a string indicator. Choose a different portion with each iteration of your display loop.

When you want smooth(er) scrolling: use a PictureIndicator to have pixel-based scrolling…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,592 Views)

HI

Yes i understand what you saying. But I need key how to start easy way.

Thanks

Venkat

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,585 Views)

this is your key

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,573 Views)

Sorry if someone has already posted this.  I can't open newer VIs.

Example_VI_BD.png

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 5 of 6
(3,530 Views)

Also in the properties of the string indicator, make sure that "Wrap at Word Breaks" is unchecked.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,527 Views)