LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display port 1.2

Do any Compact Rio's support dual display on the mini display port or is there another way to make a daisy chain of monitors on the compact rio?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,432 Views)

Hi s_crowther,

Unfortunately, we don't have any options for multiple monitors for the RIO's as DisplayPort does not natively support multiple monitors. There are however third-party DisplayPort splitters that can split a single display and send it to multiple monitors. None of these have been tested to work on cRIO or are supported, so I'm afraid I don't know whether this would just duplicate the display to multiple mointors or whether it would be possible to extend the display.

In short it seems that only options for multiple VI is to resize the Front Panels to display on a single panel. Sorry I can't be of more help! 

Kind regards, 

Rebecca

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,386 Views)

Im trying to create a program on the cRIO 9030 that runs a vi one monitor and another vi on a second monitor. The display set up when I use a splitter on the mini display port only recognises one display for the two monitors. This is such a simple process.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,378 Views)

Did you read the "unsupported" part?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,361 Views)

The cRIO graphics capabilities are very limited. Having done a few cRIO-9030 embedded GUI's via the display port, I would image the performance to be very slow when attempting to draw 2 screens of data.

If you want a verbose GUI, use a Host PC. Employing TCP/IP and UDP you can stream data freely from the cRIO and create very nice displays.

This is a good way to leverage the robustness of the cRIO with the graphic display power of a Windows box [Or OSX].

Regards

Jack Hamilton

@s_crowther wrote:

Im trying to create a program on the cRIO 9030 that runs a vi one monitor and another vi on a second monitor. The display set up when I use a splitter on the mini display port only recognises one display for the two monitors. This is such a simple process.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,172 Views)