Did you mean: 

Display images through a 4K DLP projector via HDMI

Hi,

i am very new to LabVIEW. My current task to do is as following:

Hardware i have:

Basler GigE camera

4K DLP projector connected via HDMI to the PC

The first thing i am trying to solve is:

I want my 4K projector to project 4K pictures which i created before as .png files to a wall, which i will capture with my Basler camera.

I searched the forum and found some topics about displaying pictures on a second monitor - which the projector basically is - but unfortunately there were no sample codes and i could not gain the experience so far to write it myself. I do not expect a full solution but would love to get hints or directions. I appreciate every help.

Best regards,

Ibrahim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,549 Views)

Hi Ibrahim,

@IbrahimShn wrote:

I searched the forum and found some topics about displaying pictures on a second monitor - which the projector basically is - but unfortunately there were no sample codes and i could not gain the experience so far to write it myself.

All you need to do is to move the frontpanel of a VI to be displayed on the 2nd monitor.

You can do so "manually" - or programmatically by using property nodes of the frontpanel/window.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,532 Views)

Hi Gerd,

thank you for your suggestion. I think this will totally work for me. What i did until now:

I load my image i want my projector (basically second monitor) to project. I can see it in the image indicator in the front panel. I changed the size of the image indicator to 2160x3840 in the properties, this is the resolution of my image.

Under File > VI Properties > Window Run-Time Position i set the "Position" to maximized. If i now run the VI continously, my front panel is projected by the projector in fullscreen, but i still see the front panel bars. What do i have to do to basically just make the image in the image indicator projected in fullscreen?

I attached a picture of my front panel and block diagramm. I appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Ibrahim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,429 Views)

Hallo Ibrahim,

@IbrahimShn wrote:

my front panel is projected by the projector in fullscreen, but i still see the front panel bars. What do i have to do to basically just make the image in the image indicator projected in fullscreen?

In the VI properties you can also disable the frontpanel scroll bars, as well as the menu line/bar. You can even set the VI to modal, to further reduce the border…

@IbrahimShn wrote:

Under File > VI Properties > Window Run-Time Position i set the "Position" to maximized. If i now run the VI continously,

Don't use "run continously", this is only used for debugging!

Use a loop to have the VI run for longer periods…

@IbrahimShn wrote:

I changed the size of the image indicator to 2160x3840 in the properties, this is the resolution of my image.

You can make the window larger by some pixels and center it on screen: this way the borders will move "out of screen"…

A different option might be to call a 3rd party image viewer with appropriate options. IrfanView is such a tool, and it allows to display images "full screen" with/without scaling…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,423 Views)