From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display data from measurement to waveform graf in labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I am stuck with a problem. I am quite new in labview and I want to display my data from measurement. On a functional generator I have a sine and measure this waveform with a multimeter. Subsequently measured progress I would need to see in a graph in labview. I want to somehow convert string data to waveform double. 
string to waveform.png

From visa read --> read buffer  I want to convert string data to waveform, if it is possible. 

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,177 Views)

To convert a string to double, use Scan From String or Fract/Ext String To Number.

Why a waveform? A Chart will display those values just fine if you simply wire a double to it (e.g. test with a random number). No need to make a waveform first.

If you must, you can use Build Waveform to put the double in a waveform. The Chart doesn't need it, although dT will probably adapt if you do use a waveform.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,158 Views)

it does not work because I need to process this data into one chart.data.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,151 Views)
Solution
Accepted by kajo97

@kajo97 wrote:

it does not work because I need to process this data into one chart.

Use Spreadsheet String To Array.  Be sure to set the comma as your delimiter and a 1D array of double as the array type.  If you live in a region where the comma is your decimal separator, then you need to set your format to "%.;%f".

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,148 Views)

Thank you very much for your help!!!!Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,141 Views)

Hello, 

I have similar issue with the data getting from oscilloscope. But now it resolved to some extent after seeing this post. I have time scale data in nanosecond with  very small step size. I need data precision upto 17 decimal point in order to correctly display, plot and save it.I have attached the jpeg file of front panel and block diagram.      

Any help would be highly appreciated !

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,125 Views)

Fix the display format of your array indicator to show more decimal places.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,123 Views)

Hi RavensFan,

Thanks For quick reply.

I forgot to mention, I have tried with many format, but didn't get the whole digit in any cases. 

For example i have attached a jpeg for %.;%.9f. It is same as it was with %.;%f

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,121 Views)

Not the string for the conversion.

In the Display Format for the indicator.

Right click on the indicator!!!

PS:  Please attach screenshots rather than oversized JPEG pictures of your screen.

Message 9 of 13
(4,111 Views)

Hi RavensFan,

Thanks !

It seems working after setting the display format. However, I could edit only the display format of the input array  type of the 'Spreadsheet string to array', and then accordingly the output array did worked. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,100 Views)