LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Waveformchart in an array

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to develop a generic user interface that allow user to group multiple channels of data into different charts. The number of charts shall be varied dynamically by the user. One of the easy ways is to place the waveform chart in an array in the front panel, then I can programmatically control the number of array elements. When I try to place the waveform chart in a array in the front panel, LabVIEW doesn’t allow me to do so. I assume this is limitation on LabVIEW. Is there any ways to work around this or any other ideas?

The only other way I could think is to create multiple waveform chart and place them in the front panel and then hide them as necessary. This will become a bit messy.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,722 Views)

You can put the graph in a cluster and then put it into an array. This would still give you access to the graph and be able to dynamically create and control the graphs.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,670 Views)

The graph / chart can be placed in a cluster. But were you able to place the cluster into an array? When I tried in 2018, it doesnt allow.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,627 Views)

Yes I am able to put the graph into a cluster and then into an array. I am using LabVIEW 2017.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,603 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pradeep.pkp

example.png

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,599 Views)

Hi Tim,

Thank you. I must have overlooked the graph, its working now. But chart doesnt work. I know ways to use XY graph to display time. So this will solve my problem.

But just out of curiosity, why isnt the chart working the same way?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,584 Views)

I was able to get the chart to work as well. It does look like some of the functionality is not available.

Chart Cluster.png

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,536 Views)

Hi Tim,

Can you please share the code? I went ahead with XY graph as my solution. But it will be good to know how you got the chart working and I would like to explore the limitations.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,514 Views)

I did share the code. The picture I added is a snippet. Drag it to your block diagram.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,484 Views)