LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display SVG image in a picture indicator

Is it possible to display an svg image in a picture indicator or however a vectorgraphic file?

thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,779 Views)

Are you talking about a 2D picture box? I'm not sure if the IMAQ functions support SVG (I think they support png, bmp, jpg and perhaps gif?).

One thing you might be able to do is use a web browser control and use the file path as the url - I know this works for displaying animated gifs. There's a chance you may need to make a registry edit to use a newer version of the IE rendering engine that the web browser control uses.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,764 Views)

Unfotunatelly in IE it doesn't work (it prompt me for open the file in its default program), it could work in Chrome and Firefox, but i don't think they support activex or they do?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,756 Views)

Then you need to follow my next step: 

There's a chance you may need to make a registry edit to use a newer version of the IE rendering engine that the web browser control uses.

By default it uses IE7 which doesn't support SVG - newer versions do. If you google it, there's a registry edit you can make to tell LabVIEW to use a newer version of IE in the WebBrowser control. You could possibly also navigate to a .html file which embeds the SVG file.

Here you go:

2015-11-27_13-49-23.png

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,747 Views)