LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display OCR trained characters on a single display

Hello to all.

I have an application where Users have to train OCR characters. That is done.

Now I would like to have a button an a display that when the user presses the button all the characters trained appear in the display.

The same that in NI OCR Training interface:

But all of characters in a single display (because I don't know how many characters are going to have the users in every moment)

I think I have to use This VI in a for where N is the number of characters trained.

But my problems are:

• I don't how many characters are trained when user presses the button (so I don't now N to pun in FOR structure)
  • And I don't know how I can display all characters trained in a SINGLE display (so all of them in ONE display)

Can anybody help me?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,013 Views)

-You can get number of trained characters using IMAQ OCR Property and using Get mode and property as Size of Char Set :http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370281AC-01/imaqvision/imaq_ocr_property/

-For your second question about joining images

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Program-Drafts/Combine-Four-Images-Into-One-Image/ta-p/3512437

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,951 Views)

Hello.

Thanks for replying!

For the first question your answer works fine!! Thanks!

For the second question about joining images I have the next problem that I can not solve:

- In example you post the source code is just for four images and you know before running the code that there is 4 images.

- My problem is that I dont know how many characters are trained in the OCR Session.

- So I would like to visualize: 5 first character in the first  display arrow, next 5 in second arrow, next 5 in third arrow.... check image attached.

I dont know hoe to split the visualization characters by arrows.

I think that I have to use a for structure where N is equal to characters trained but I dont know how to do that split (because if I visualiza all characters in the same arrow that really anoying for the user)

Could you help me?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,947 Views)

The example shows the joining logic for four images but you can use the logic as per your requirements.

-If you understand the logic how image 2 is joined with image 1 and image 4 with image 3 and then together(image1&image 2) & (image 3 & image4) is simply inserting into the array( If you don't know this look into LabVIEW basic Tutorials)

-in your case you need to insert five image into row-1 and so on and then you can combine them as together.

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,945 Views)

Thanks I am going to try.

I will post my results here.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,942 Views)