LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion about Front Panel Desing Pattern & Trends

Hello everyone.

Last time I opened a discussion, we had several answers about block diagram practices and tips from experienced users. I consider the thread successful, because I could learn a lot there! 😄

Now I would like to know how LabVIEW developers are dealing with Front Panel design. That's a very relative question, because depending on the end-user, you're able to give a more raw solution (e.g. users with more techinical knowledgement). But, if your application will be used by common users, maybe you will have to focus more on keep things beautiful and modern.

In fact, I'd like to know if you tend to follow some design pattern or trends, and know your opinion on that. 

So, to start this discussion... The current trend is Flat Design. Minimalized designs are also heavily used nowadays.

I know that this trends maybe are harder to apply at industrial softwares. But IMHO it's great to try implement some solutions that are simple and clean.

Unfortunately, my company doesn't allow me to share any images of our software, but we're trying to focus on the design, since the web component of our product is really well done. The result is being positive so far. I've been using frameless indicators and 3 neutral or cold colors. Fonts are usually helvetica. Flat boxes are also heavily used, to highlight the most important data on the program.

How about you?

All feedbacks will be really appreciated! 😄

Regards

Mondoni
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,070 Views)