From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnected cDAQ remains on the list of system devices "present"

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to implement a whitelisting and system hardware check to our automated test system which utilizes a cDAQ. The issue I'm running into is that, while I can get the cDAQ information via the System Filter and Find Hardware VIs, the cDAQ hardware does not exit the list when the "present" filter is set to "is present."

This does work with the RIGOL oscilloscope I have. It may be worth noting that I'm trying to interface over Ethernet to all of these instruments.

I noticed the cDAQ lists the status as "disconnected" in NI MAX, but there is not option to check this status field in LabView from what I can tell...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(612 Views)

Instead of checking that status field, what about running the DAQmx self test on it, since you seem to be able to get a reference to it in LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(592 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author abenevides

For TCP/IP, I use "Find Systems" and ask it to only report "only if online".  As an added bonus, this can return the IP(s) and Remote Name(s), which can help you if there are several systems with different names out there.

Bob Schor

Message 3 of 4
(547 Views)

Thanks Bob, I think this is a good solution to the problem!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(515 Views)