From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnect from library in source distribution

Hi, all

I'm working in LV8.2

I have VI that i want to do source distribution from it. This vi uses some mathematic VIs that are founds in NI_Mabase.lvlib and another NI libraries.
When i open distribution LLB i see that all this VIs yet connecting to these libraries.
There is option to disconnect all VIs from libraries when i make source distribution?

Thanks, Nadav Chernin
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,945 Views)
Hi Nadav,

There is a way to exclude libraries in the source distribution.  NI_Mabase.vilib is a library that is located in the directory vi.lib.  When selecting the category, Additional Exclusions while building a source distribution, you could exclude libraries from vi.lib by checking the box at the bottom pop up menu.  There are other options of removing type definitions and project libaries with the radio button on the same menu.  Before building a source distribution, I suggest you create a preview of the source distribution.  That way, you will know exactly what VIs and libraries are included in the source distribution before building.

Regards,

Nadim
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,924 Views)
Hi, Nadim

I added zip that include example of my problem:

The actions I made:
Build "Basic Function Generator.llb"
Build "Tones and Noise Waveform.llb"
Run "Main NI Problem.vi"
The Error MSG I get:

Possible reason(s):
LabVIEW:  The VI is not executable. Most likely the VI is broken or one of its subVIs cannot be located.  Open the VI in LabVIEW using File>>Open and verify that it is runnable.
Method Name: Run VI
VI Path: Y:\TS Build\Test\Basic Function Generator.llb\Basic Function Generator.vi

Please help!
Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,901 Views)
Hi Nadav,

This error message can be the result of many different scenarios. To correct the problem, try these troubleshooting steps:
  • Make sure that all of the subVIs are running correctly (no broken arrows). Error 1003 occurs if any subVI is not executable.
  • Perform a forced recompile by pressing Control+Shift, and clicking the run button.
    • This forces LabVIEW to recompile, re-link, and recheck data dependency from the ground up (as does the application builder), rather than in segments. After this is performed, the run arrow may become broken, which will allow you to trace the error list to the broken part of the VI and fix it.
  • If you installed the LabVIEW Application Builder separately, make sure its version matches your LabVIEW version(i.e. LabVIEW Application Builder 6.1 with LabVIEW 6.1).
  • Mass compile the VI before you build the executable.
  • Ensure that all VIs used in the distribution have unique names (if you have two VIs of the same name located in two different places being called, the Application Builder will give this error)
  • If you are using LabVIEW 7.0, check to make sure you do not have enumerated typedef with an empty element. This situation can cause Application Builder to return error 1003. In Application Builder, under the Application Settings tab, deselect the "Disconnect type definitions and remove unused polymorphic VI instances" option. 
  • Also, make sure that enable debugging is selected when building the executable.
Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Nadim
Applications Engineering
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,886 Views)
Hi, Nadim

The problem is that there are VIs in NI lvlib that are reentrant. I checked that if i made these VIs not-reentrant there is not error.
Please, look new attached ZIP file
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,878 Views)