LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnect camera after 12 hours

Hi,

I am using eBUS SDK in Labview 2014 for connect camera over the ethernet, When I connect camera, after exactly 12 hours camera was disconnected. Camera is ok, I can connect to camera after disconnected. So possible that labview flush some references or something like that, after 12 hours when I am not using them? Because I am only streaming data from camera so I don't use all references which I created at start of program. Strange is that camera is disconnected after exactly 12 hours.

Thank you
Best regards
Petr

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,330 Views)

Does happen consistently?

I have a program using a GigE camera where we take a picture every 30 mins and it runs for weeks at a time.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,324 Views)

Yes, every start of program exactly 12 hours to disconnect camera.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,316 Views)

Can you attach your application so we can have a look?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,313 Views)

Unfortunately not, it's a very complex program for the measurement and evaluation of temperature, able to connect several kinds of cameras and therefore has over 1,000 VIs and uses several DLLs

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,310 Views)

Is it possibly a "feature" of your network?  Are you using a static IP?  Does the disconnect come after 12 hours being connected, 12 hours since data was last transmitted, or every 12 hours "on the clock" (i.e. at noon and midnight)?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,289 Views)

Yes I am using a static IP. After 12 houres being connected. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,269 Views)

Dear Vávra,

I think you should leave your application for a while and test out functions of the eBUS SDK on some simple example so you can be sure it's not a design issue of you complex application.

If you will be able to reproduce the issue we can try to do some troubleshooting.

Feel free to contact me or my colleague through the standard NI Technical Support channel.

Regards

Ondřej K.

NIEE AE

CLA, CTA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,195 Views)