LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed annoyed and angry:: merge labview fpga with vhdl through ip block

dear member

after i complete vhdl developing i successful merge the vhdl code with labview fpga like in figure below
when i make a simulation for this figure the system  work well and give right result

but when i test  in hardware the result is wrong ??? why why !!!! what can casue that
help member help

klhjkh.png

hi ?Q>

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,576 Views)

In what way is the result wrong (does not work, off by a few %, something else?)

Message 2 of 13
(3,569 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

In what way is the result wrong (does not work, off by a few %, something else?)

dear the result is wrong 100%

for example the result must be 3.99..

in hardware i get -0.00349..

hi ?Q>

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,559 Views)

Can you post this code so the community can take a look?

Message 4 of 13
(3,553 Views)

@Dragis wrote:

Can you post this code so the community can take a look?

it about 800 row vhdl
i will but them complete soon with labview fpga project so its easy for member to test

hi ?Q>

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,546 Views)

Well, did you notice the warning triangle in the logo of the IP Integration Node? That is the sign of possibly not having consistent result between your simulation and your hardware running. This is because your vhdl doesn't have any clock enable signal and thus your IP Integration Node starts to run before the other nodes on the diagram "wake up" (The other nodes are freezed by the clock enable.)

This warning of possible different behavior is shown on the page of enable signal selection of the IP Integration Node wizard. You can jump in there and have a close look.

Message 6 of 13
(3,484 Views)

@david1147 wrote:

Well, did you notice the warning triangle in the logo of the IP Integration Node? That is the sign of possibly not having consistent result between your simulation and your hardware running. This is because your vhdl doesn't have any clock enable signal and thus your IP Integration Node starts to run before the other nodes on the diagram "wake up" (The other nodes are freezed by the clock enable.)

This warning of possible different behavior is shown on the page of enable signal selection of the IP Integration Node wizard. You can jump in there and have a close look.

Dear
thank for your note

the problem is I didn't find any white paper from NI for how to make a right merge between labview fpga  and VHDL
I always note this warning triangle in the logo of the IP Integration Node but I didn't know what is best vhdl programming method to make this warning triangle disappear

for example the vhdl process configuration for counter is :

process(clk,rest)
    begin
    if(rest='1') then
    coun:=0;
    elsif( rising_edge(clk) ) then
    coun:=coun+1;
    end if;
end process;

-----------------------

so during IP block configuration for my system we can see the warring appear as shown in figure below
merge.png

so dear what is mean by clock enable signal??? Can your modified the vhdl code for counter code to have clock enable???

Best regards

hi ?Q>

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,459 Views)

For this specific case, you can modify your code to be something like this:

process(clk,rest)
 begin
     if(rest='1') then
         coun:=0;
     elsif( rising_edge(clk) ) then

if cClockEnable='1' then
             coun:=coun+1;

end if;
     end if;
end process;

Message 8 of 13
(3,436 Views)

Great catch @david1147, I didn't see that tiny triangle originally. Yep, when you see those warning symbols that is definitely the place to start looking. And as a good development practice, if a warning triangle is intentional and necessary it is good to put a comment on the diagram explaining why it is necessary so when you or someone else comes back to it in the future you don't have to figure it out again.

Message 9 of 13
(3,397 Views)

Dear members

I I apologize for not answering for a period as I  Decided to divide the system  into parts and make a hardware debug to  know the place of wrong and this  Simplify My problem and can be tested

my problem now is in unit that is responsible for take absolute value for negative numbers and keep positive number with out any change

the labview FPGA with ip block simulation  give me right result

but in hardware test the result when  i put positive number  is wrong (the positive number is converted to negative number) 

for example

when i put -1==>1 ok

but when i put 1 ===>-1 this wrong

from below code this case in labview fpga simulation this case will executed right

case es is
when "0100" => t1:=suma2;                 ----positive number  
when "1000" => temp0:=not(suma2);    --- negative number so take abs (not+1)
               t1:=resize(temp0+onf,t1);
WHEN OTHERS => null;
end case;

but in hardware this part of code of case structure  will always executed and this causes an wrong result for positive numbers 

when "1000" => temp0:=not(suma2);    

t1:=resize(temp0+onf,t1); 

any help ??? Any change for case !!!

Complete code for process

process (clk) variable temp0,t1:sfixed(3 downto -12); begin if (rising_edge(clk)) then if(ec='1') then es2<=es; ------------------------------take abs value------------ case es is when "0100" => t1:=suma2; when "1000" => temp0:=not(suma2); t1:=resize(temp0+onf,t1); WHEN OTHERS => null; end case; out11<=to_slv(t1); end if; end if; end process;

hi ?Q>

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,322 Views)