LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable and Key Focus

I am trying to use Key Focus and Disable properties for a PDA application, but neither seems to work as in regular LabVIEW.
For Key Focus, when I use key focus for a Boolean, it automatically toggles that boolean.
For disable, when I use Disable = 1 on a string control, the control sometimes becomes greyed out, and sometimes does not disable at all.

Any ideas why this is?

WrightSwri
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,020 Views)

My guess, based on your description, is that this is either a bug in the PDA module (quite possible with the module's track record) or a bug in your code (e.g. if you're changing the enabled state from more than one place).

I suggest that you upload an example and post details about which version you use, so that someone might be able to help you more.

(6,007 Views)

tst-

Here's a scaled down version of what I was trying to do.  It still shows the problem.

WrightSwri

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,983 Views)

In that case, it would seem to be a bug in the PDA module. I can't test it myself, since I don't have it installed.

By the way, a select primitive with T and F wired into it is meaningless, but I'm guessing that you cut that out of code which did some more.

(5,843 Views)
Thanks tst.  Yes, it was cut out of code, just to show the problem.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,838 Views)

Hi, I'm a newbie and just beginning to learn about this disabling thing...

Basically I'd like to change the enabled state from initially enabled to disabled and grayed out (say, once a user enters in starting parameters and a button is pushed, then the starting parameters can't be adjusted anymore).

What's the best way to do this? 

Edit: this looks promising http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361E-01/lvprop/ctrl_disabled/ 

Message Edited by clas004 on 07-03-2009 04:33 AM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,047 Views)

There's no "best" way to do this, there's only one way, using the Disabled property of the control you want to disable.

From the Front panel, right click the control then select Create then Property node then Disabled.

The property node will appear in the block diagram. Right click the property node then select Change to write. Now you can using 0, 1 or 2 do whatever you want with that control.

Hope this helped 🙂

Message 7 of 8
(3,035 Views)
^ That was perfect Alain S, thank you!
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,012 Views)